Monday, June 27, 2011

No diet expert here

Today I pondered the first paragraph in my Memoir.  As I have memorized nearly every sentence in the entire book, I do this often.  My first paragraph makes a confession-my failure as a dieter.  I'm not qualified to write a diet book.  My own diet fluctuates among extremes- from raw vegan (the absolutely the best diet for ME, probably not you), to living on chocolate and cheese.  Consistency in not my best attribute.  If I could maintain a consistent healthy diet, I could live to be 105.

The key is to focus on health, but life in the good ol' USA interferes, with it's pizza commercials and 4th of July picnics.  I encourage my readers to focus on health, not the numbers on the scale.  Now, if I could only practice what I preach.  Tomorrow's a new day. 

I wish all of you luck, strength, and perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment